Our goals through Deep Roots are to:
- Provide fieldtrips for experiences that may otherwise not be available for the children and young people experiencing homelessness.
- Become another friend or adult mentor to the children, for another safe place to reach out to when navigating their lives.
- Stay in consistent and regular contact with the family and the child(ren).
- To be part of sharing good experiences and modeling different styles of life that may help a person break the intergenerational cycles of poverty and homelessness.
- Lift spirits, share commitment, become community. Help the children build self-esteem, confidence and trust.
- Walk the talk: it takes a community to raise a child well.
We offer help through other complementary programs such as Clairvaux Cafe, Count Your Blessings Exchange (CYBE), Faith in Action Food Pantry, Furniture Barn, Transitional Housing and our Mentoring initiative. Please follow the links for more information.