Our goals through Deep Roots are to:
- End homelessness one child at a time, one family at a time.
- House, feed, and provide basic needs for up to 12 families at a time.
- Provide field trips for experiences that may otherwise not be available for the children and young people experiencing homelessness.
- Become another friend or adult mentor to the children, for another safe place to reach out to when navigating their lives.
- Stay in consistent and regular contact with the family and the child(ren).
- Share positive experiences and life modeling to help break the generational cycle of poverty and homelessness.
- Lift spirits and build community, self-esteem, confidence and trust.
We offer help through other complementary programs such as Clairvaux Cafe, Count Your Blessings Exchange (CYBE), Faith in Action Food Pantry, Furniture Barn, Transitional Housing and our Mentoring initiative. Please follow the links for more information.